2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer - Brief Role Description:
Our client specialises in client design, implementation, and support of the IT infrastructures of some of the UK s top organisations within both the public and private sector. Every client has different needs, and our clients solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client.
Job Start date: ASAP
Location: Blackpole, Worcestershire
Job Type: Permanent
Benefits: to be discussed at interview
Responsibilities for 2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer:
- Maintain 2nd line support tickets correctly and keep the customer updated with progress every day.
- Monitoring the support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned before SLA.
- On-Boarding new customers
- Perform proactive maintenance using our in-house monitoring system.
- Attending customer sites for proactive and reactive maintenance
- Document procedures/processes and contribute to the knowledgebase.
- Follow IT procedures e.g. ITIL and strictly complying with our policies
- Consult with 2nd and 3rd line team as required to resolve incidents and develop individual skillset.
- Experience of working in a busy helpdesk / MSP environment
- At Least 2 years proven service in a 2nd Line Support Role
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal
- Fault analysis, management and prioritisation skills are required to ensure all issues are resolved based on criticality for all our customers as well as meeting the contracted SLA.
- The ability to demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- An excellent telephone manner and customer facing skills
It would be desirable for you to have experience:
- Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 and 2022.
- Legacy Windows Servers
- Microsoft Stack (Sharepoint, Intune, Security and Compliance)
- Azure Virtual Networks and Servers
- Hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Networking, TCP/IP, Routing, LAN/WANS, VPN and Firewall configuration
- Virtual server backup technologies (Veeam / Altaro)
- Hardware: PC, Laptop, Printer and Mobile devices.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV - or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK