As a Forklift Operator , you will use a forklift to transport merchandise to, from, and within the warehouse to put away, drop down, and rotate full pallets of stock through the warehouse inventory reserve racks using a stand-up forklift.
- Transport merchandise from receiving dock or reserve slots to proper location in the warehouse. Complete purchase orders.
- Maintain the proper replenishment in the computer, using a handheld device, when the pallet is put back in the rack.
- Stack cases and rotate merchandise. Refill benches and fill pallet slots.
- Pull material/products to deliver to production lines
- Move/Slot finished product from production to designated storage area
- Pull finished product from storage and load on trailers
- Maintain accurate records of quantities, pack size and description
- Unload material/product from trailers
- Utilize necessary technology (e.g., voice, RF gun) to select product
- Complete paperwork on transfer of material Date pallets with current date
- Complete inspection form on equipment operated. Change battery in forklift, when applicable
- Keep work area clean. Sweep floor slots. Clean spills and re-work damage
- Use case cutter to cut tops off cases
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Travel Required:No
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : MHE/ Forklift Certification. Ability to operate stand-up forklift, sit-down forklift, reach truck, cherry picker or other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate battery hoist Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Special Skills : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
- Physical abilities: : Never crawling, sitting. Occasionally climbing up to 4 ft. (Must have fall protection training and using proper fall protection equipment). Occasionally balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling and crawling. Frequently handling, fingering, talking smelling, reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc.). Occasionally gripping, carrying, pivoting, pushing, lifting, pulling up to 60 Lbs. Occasionally standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. Continuously sitting, hearing, seeing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
- Other: : Key Competencies
- (People) Inspires Trust Builds upon your Talent Creates an Inclusive Work Environment : (Business) Drives for Results Drives Continuous Improvement & Innovation Facilitates Change
Years Of Experience
- 0-2 : At least one year of experience on stand-up forklift, sit-down forklift, reach truck and/or cherry picker.
General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies
1st Shift (United States of America)
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® - those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Company: C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
Job Area: Warehouse Grocery
Job Family: Operations
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: JC1277