Health and Safety Advisor choice of which of our six depots to be based at.
Arriva TrainCare, part of the Arriva Group, is the UK s leading independent train maintenance company. We operate in 6 strategic locations across the UK Crewe, Eastleigh, Bristol, Cambridge, Tyne Yard and Scarborough.
Reporting into the HSEQ Manager, as a Health and Safety Advisor you will be responsible for providing all round health and safety, support to all our depots across the country. You will provide a key link between the HSEQ department and other departments across the business, by providing practical and proactive advice to all employees, whilst maintaining legal compliance.
This is very much a hands-on Health and Safety role. Candidates will be expected to spend part of their working day in and around the depots.
Your duties will include:
- Writing and undertaking risk assessments and work instructions
- Writing, reviewing and implementing HSEQ policies, procedures and other documentation
- Visiting our UK wide depots on a regular basis to provide key knowledge, guidance, and coaching
- Supporting accident and incident investigations
- Provide key health and safety knowledge to all employees / departments
- Liaising with external contractors that provide support and services to Arriva TrainCare and specifically the HSEQ team
- Substantial experience gained in a similar health and safety role
- Experience handling accident and incident investigations
- Either a NEBOSH National General certificate in Health and Safety, or similar qualification
- A full UK driving licence and the willingness to travel to other rail depots across England
Although not essential, the below would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of the Rail or Transport industry
- Knowledge and experience of Heavy Engineering
- Experience with/ trained to internal auditor for ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO9001
As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will benefit from:
- Salary of £44,138
- Option for flexible working around start and finish times
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension, life assurance, and healthcare cover
- Arriva Travel Pass
- Cycle to Work and Arriva Village retailer discount scheme
You ll be employed on a permanent contract, working nominally day shifts, 37.5 hours per week. You will have the choice of which of our six depots to be based at, but you will visit our other 5 depots across England.
More About Us
At Arriva Group, we acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
How to Apply
All applications for this Health and Safety Advisor vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for this role will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once the successful candidate is found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
If you have applied and been rejected for this role or a role with a similar skill set in the last 6 months, we will not re-consider you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
We receive high volumes of applications. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks of your application, your application has been unsuccessful.