Our Client is one of the world's greenest metal production plants and we are currently looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer.
The successful candidate will provide the mechanical expertise to deliver planned and reactive maintenance on site. Also actively support the development of a reliability centred maintenance culture in partnership with the operations team.Responsibilities:
- Lead and support mechanically bias engineering projects across the smelter complex.
- Ensure maintenance resources are utilised effectively for planned and reactive maintenance activity.
- Carry out analysis and fault-finding for mechanical breakdowns.
- Identify the quickest and most cost-effective, long-term solution to remedial activity.
- Instil a reliability focused culture within direct reports, and maintenance function.
- Ensure all mechanical equipment is maintained to current statutory, regulatory and company standards.
- Ensure the development and training of mechanical bias Apprentices is in line with the outcome of a time-served Craft resource.
- Coach the maintenance team to ensure competency and delivery standards.
- Manage external engineering contractors in line with health & safety, cost, time and quality expectations.
- Support the Engineering team on new equipment installation, providing long-term maintenance input.
- Do not conduct any task without a suitable and sufficient Risk Assessment in place and briefed to all involved including a Take 5.
- Before use, ensure that all tools, plant or equipment are fully efficient, safe and guarded as necessary. Highlight any defective tools, plant or equipment not to be used until it has been replaced or repaired.
- Work in a safe manner, avoid taking unnecessary risks and avoid improvisation which entails risk.
- Give clear instructions which incorporate safety aspects and ensure they are adhered to.
- Conduct as and when any other HSEQ related activities that is required by the business.
If you think this is the job for you, then please send your cv to (url removed) or hit the Apply button
- Mechanical engineering maintenance knowledge, in a heavy engineering environment.
- Knowledge of industrial scale process plant operations and maintenance, including related standards, codes of practice and technical procedures.
- People management/ coaching/ mentoring of engineering staff.