Due to business growth and expansion, a leading FMCG Manufacturer in Rotherham is seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join their Engineering team. This business are investing heavily in new lines, and so will offer a great opportunity to progress your career.
We are flexible on your background and experience, but ideally within Manufacturing. Ideally Electrical bias, but our client is flexible on your skill set as long as you have a good basic electrical competency.
4on, 4off 6am-6pm / 6pm-6am (2 days, 2 nights)
Lots of overtime available
Reporting to the Shift Engineering Team Leader and working as part of the site Engineering team, you will be responsible for ensuring efficient cover whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality and service to production including guidance and support to reports as required. Be innovative with ideas for continuous improvements to efficiencies in plant machinery.
Maintenance Engineer Core Responsibilities:
- Carry out routine scheduled maintenance (Mechanical & Electrical) and respond promptly to equipment faults/breakdowns
- Diagnose breakdown problems and use Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to rectify them
- Where necessary, fit new parts and ensure equipment is working correctly
- Work harmoniously with production, technical, hygiene and planning departments;
- Correct use of engineering stores, ensuring all parts are booked out against the relevant assets/jobs
- Support the development of an NYB Associate Asset Care programme
- Appropriate control of tools, stores and equipment;
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Recognise opportunities to improve health and safety policies, practices and procedures and put forward suggestions;
- Work with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), servos, which control the production equipment.
- Lead/support on installation and commissioning of equipment, where required
- Follow all site procedures, (safety, engineering, hygiene, technical)
- Competitive rate of pay and overtime
- 23 days holiday
- Matched contribution pension at a contributory rate of up to 5%
- Life Assurance
- Access to Employee Benefits Platform