ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People! JOIN OUR WAREHOUSE TEAM!
Ready to build a career with a company that's leading the food service industry?We help you make it!
Night Selectors Start at $21.00/hour +.30 shift differential + .50 for freezer work .Schedule Sunday - Thursday 6:30 PM until finish Benefits
medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, strong safety culture, and much more! Add local benefits/differentiators e.g. no-cost union benefits, stellar local leadership, best place to work, etc. US Foods
is one of the largest food distributors with a culture and a history of promoting from within, excellent training programs and continuous improvement focus. Main Ingredients of the Job
- Safely and accurately select customer orders. Build and wrap pallets to meet weekly standards for productivity and accuracy
- Perform pre-shift equipment checks and safely operate an electric pallet
- Carefully move products from racks to pallets directed by order selecting software and equipment
- Validate that correct product has been selected and is damage free
- Efficiently deliver products to correct dock area and shrink wraps palletized orders
- Team up to clear aisles of debris, stacks empty pallets from slots in aisle and return pallet jacks to charging area
What You Bring to the Table
- Comfortable working in a multi-temperature environment ranging from -5 degrees to over 100 degrees required
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull 20 to 80+ lbs. of product repetitively; moving 1,000+ cases of product during each shift required
Why US Foods
- Able to work 8+ hour night shifts, typically Sunday - Thursday. At times weekends and holidays will required
- Recent experience (within past 6 months) in high endurance or highly physical activity or role preferred e.g. lifting/transferring patients, sports/fitness, farming, construction work, etc.
- Experience selecting large scale orders in a warehouse or distribution center environment preferred
- Experience operating motorized pallet jack or similar equipment preferred
At US Foods, we're committed to our mission of GREAT FOOD. MADE EASY -- providing food products that keep operators ahead of customer demand and services that help them run their operations.
Our Warehouse Team Members prepare the orders that sustain our business, instilling and reinforcing safety above all else. We team up to deliver accurate and damage-free orders. At the foundation of those efforts
are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and service. Together we help our customers make it, but we also believe in helping our warehouse team make it! We are committed
to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work.
The following information is provided in accordance with certain state and local laws. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In New York, the expected compensation for this role is $21 per hour + .30 shift differential + .50 for freezer work.
This role is also eligible for benefits that may include Low-Cost Union: health insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance. ***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***