Principal Mechanical Engineer Building Services Design Plymouth Salary up to £65,000 DOE
Want to work for a consultancy who is 100% committed to reducing carbon emissions and helping the local community?
Looking to work for an award-winning company with nearly 20 years of professional experience? About the company:
This company is an award-winning Sustainability and Building Services Engineering Consultancy with nearly 20 years experience in a range of sectors including Healthcare, Education, Defence, and Water. Some big projects from them include working on the Devon and Cornwall Nightingale Hybrid Facility, Exeter Royal Academy for Deaf Education, and the RAF St Mawgan Guardroom.
They have been a net carbon neutral business since 2019 and are committed to buying goods, works and services in a manner that improves the environment, societal and economic impact on spend. In addition, they have presented to government bodies on net zero carbon strategies and advised on carbon reduction initiatives for numerous local authorities. They were recognized by Building Magazine as one of the UK s Top 150 professional construction consultants and were awarded the Queen s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Furthermore, they like to help local charities and the community as much as possible, with 1% of their profits going to support wellbeing projects in the local area. Not to mention the amount of time spent helping out e.g. teaching children living in poverty how to swim.
As a Principal Engineer, you will act as a mentor to junior engineers and juggle around 5 or 6 projects at a time. You will gain exposure in lots of sectors working on projects with construction values from £100,000 to £145 million. In terms of progression, the sky is the limit! There are opportunities to lead and run other offices and become an Associate/Technical Director. What can they offer you?
What are they looking for?
- Salary circa £55,000-£65,000 DOE
- Flexible working 3 days in the office, 2 working from home
- Discretionary performance related annual bonus
- 5% pension contribution
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Life Insurance, which is 3 times your annual salary
- Payment of professional institution membership subscriptions
- Cycle to work scheme (£2,000 limit)
How to apply?
- 10+ years experience in mechanical building services design.
- Use of MagiCAD and IES software.
- Revit/BIM experience would be an advantage.
- You would need security clearance in order to work on defence projects.
- Defence project experience would be an advantage.
Abby Candler is the recruiter dealing with this vacancy. Please apply via the link provided. Any questions should be directed to (url removed)