NCS, a leading company in the industry, is on the lookout for a dynamic Quantity Surveyor to join our esteemed Commercial department. This role is crucial in managing diverse projects across the UK within our OHL and substation portfolios. If you're ready to contribute to maximizing profit, minimizing risk, ensuring effective change control, and maintaining comprehensive reporting, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assist in providing relevant information for timely preparation of reports and claims.
- Collaborate on the ongoing implementation of commercial applications for site personnel, fostering strong relationships with Business Unit and Project Managers.
- Conduct thorough, accurate, high-level risk assessments by referring to the project risk management plan.
- Monitor the risk register and related documentation in alignment with the established plan.
- Oversee all aspects of sub-contractor management, ensuring compliance with timelines and submission of necessary documentation.
- Manage monthly assessments, variations/CE claims, and final account agreements.
- Actively increase knowledge of commercial issues and contract law.
- Suggest and develop processes for increased accuracy and efficiency, minimizing time spent on journal and reconciliation tasks.
Collaboration and Reporting:
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager and Quantity Surveyor(s) to maintain appropriate commercial cover.
- Assist the team in recovering contract costs and enhancing project profit through the identification of variations, delays, and claims.
- Contribute to the production of monthly project financial and forecast to complete reports for analysis.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent negotiating interpersonal & communication skills.
- Analytical skills and financial awareness.
- Proficiency in IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Previous experience in Quantity Surveying and contract law.
- Sub-Contract Management and cost/value reconciliation expertise.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Relationship building, influencing, and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry.