Regulatory / Product Stewardship Advisor c£30-45k +Bonus Benefits
South East ABJ6649
As Regulatory / Product Stewardship Advisor (and a high-level science graduate) you will join a Product Stewardship & Regulatory and Compliance team for a global organisation. The product stewardship team is about understanding, controlling and communicating a product's environmental, health and safety related effects throughout its lifecycle from development, through to manufacture and final disposal. As Product Stewardship Advisor with a background in chemicals you will be experienced in understanding chemical regulations and translating them into compliance systems and assessing their implications on operations and product supply
As product Stewardship advisor you will has primary responsibility for monitoring and maintaining chemical regulatory compliance mainly in the EMEA region,
- Accountability for maintaining chemical regulatory compliance in the EMEA countries as allocated
- Responsibility for completing regulatory notification & reporting requirements in designated countries (e.g. nanomaterials, EU PIC, WGK nominations, EU REACH, emerging schemes for GB REACH, EAEU REACH, etc.)
- Provide technical expertise to regulatory assessments of new product developments, including country-specific substance notifications
- Supporting other colleagues in the global team to meet local regulatory compliance requirements
- Monitor, summarize and communicate regional regulatory developments in support of the departments peer-led Regulatory Network
- Track, evaluate and conduct impact analyses of regulatory or substance-lead changes, with development of compliance strategies and coordination of timely implementation of action plans
- Engagement with internal stakeholders to determine effective resolution on regulatory issues
- Provide regulatory guidance to regional manufacturing plants, Sales & Marketing functions, and support external customer enquiries
- Support and develop process improvements, SOPs and implementation of best practices to ensure regulatory compliance
- Advocate for regulatory compliance and provide internal training, where appropriate
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned according to the defined functional and business objectives
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Bachelor s degree (or equivalent) in chemistry or a related scientific discipline (or equivalent experience). A strong organic chemistry background would be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of the fundamental principles behind GHS for classification of hazardous chemicals. Knowledge and experience of chemical substance regulations, regulatory reporting requirements, substance inventory notification schemes, and transport regulations across the EMEA region.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and understanding of the interconnectivity of regulatory data and good judgement in interpreting complex situations.
- Familiarity working with large databases and good IT literacy with attention to detail. Some familiarity with SAP EHS linked to SDS authorship or Substance Volume Tracking would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage own workload priorities and ensure all deadlines are met. Strong self-drive, initiative and ability to work autonomously.
They offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme. To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ6649 on (T: (phone number removed) / (0)(phone number removed) directly, outlining your particular skills, experience and relevance to this post-