To undertake Best Interests Assessments under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards in order to protect the human rights of service users who may lack mental capacity to consent to their care arrangements. To ensure recommendations arising from DoLS assessments are followed up. To advise professionals, partner agencies and service users family members about the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Previous experience as a DoLS Best Interests Assessor
- Assessing mental capacity and leading best interests decision-making
- Ability to speak fluent English as stated in Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016)
Requirements of this Social Worker job:
- A social Work Qualification or equivalent.
- Understanding of relevant legislation.
- Continual professional development.
- Social Work England registered.
What you need:
- QSW Status - including qualification, Social Work England registration and completed ASYE
- A minimum of 2 years' experience
- Right to work in the UK
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Competitive Referral scheme
- Double payrolls each week.
Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit