Shift Team Leader - EfW Power Station
Up to 71,000 + Benefits
Alecto Recruitment is keen to hear from Shift Team Leaders who have experience overseeing shift teams in the EfW sector or similar, interested in a full-time permanent role in the Slough area.
You will be responsible for day-to-day management of the Operations Team and the safe and efficient operation of the plant Deputising as Operations Manager to ensure critical decisions are made in a safe and professional manner including;
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 33kv)
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties, this includes reviews and personal l
- Development Plans Working on outage planning (and assisting during outages), plant improvement projects and plant optimisation projects
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station with Supervisory experience.
- This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch-keeping experience will also be considered (Petty Officers/Chief Petty Officers/Warrant Officers)
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Senior Authorised Persons Status or experience with High Voltage equipment would be a bonus.
- Excellent proven leadership skills.
- Salary is up to 71,000 plus benefits.
- Performance related Bonus available.
- Private Healthcare, Income Protection, Life Assurance and more.
To apply for this role please send your CV or call Ashley on (phone number removed) for more information.
Equally if this role would not be of interest to you but may be for a suitable friend or colleague, we can offer paid referral fees for successful placements.