Role: Site Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary - Up to 55k
Who we are:
A new, independent utilities infrastructure business.
We design, build, and maintain the UK's utilities infrastructure to help transform local communities for the better.
We are proud to work in partnership with some of the industry's leading clients.
Due to recent major project awards, we are seeking an experienced Site Manager to join their team, the schemes involve a wide variety of large and small diameter main laying, using a variety of installation methods including traditional open cut, trenchless technology. We have an excellent package available for the right candidate.
You will be in charge of site operations, directing and organising site activities to ensure that the planned work is delivered safely and on time, ensuring performance meets recognised standards of productivity, quality and compliance with health and safety legislation and company policies.
This is a full time permanent position and will be site based in the Midlands.
- Ensure projects are delivered within budget, to programme and safely
- Ensure a suitably competent workforce is in place to complete all site activities including subcontractors
- Undertake site audits and inspection to ensure Health and safety compliance with relevant legislation
- Perform quality checks in line with contract specification and contract statement of requirements maintaining accurate records of site resources, materials and plant.
- Produce and provide daily resource sheets, weekly plant returns, weekly materials returns and subcontract performance reports
- Stakeholder management; working with customers, clients, local authorities and other interested third parties regarding past, present or future works
- Understanding of programme delivery processes within STW
- Working knowledge of the NEC form of contract
- Working knowledge of construction techniques associated with responsible programmes of work.
- Understanding of applicable construction legislation including HSEQ
- Ability to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Computer literate
- Ability to manage a budget, and possess a clear focus on high quality and control of costs along with commercial awareness and an understanding of basic business finance e.g. capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads
- Possess the skills and confidence to supervise and coordinate site requirements and tasks
- Demonstrable experience of managing multi-complexity projects throughout project lifecycle.
- Experience managing project budget and Profit & Loss responsibility
- Demonstrable experience in solving problems, resolving conflict, arbitrate, negotiate and make sound judgements and decisions
- Proven experience in leading a delivery team with the ability to motivate and coach people
- Proven experience managing medium - heavy civils projects with complex temporary works installations
- Understanding of Temporary works coordinator
- CSCS or SHEA
- First Aid
- LOLER Appointed persons
- CDM awareness
- Confined Space (Medium Risk)
We offer a competitive salary that is based on proven skills and experience. Hard work is celebrated and rewarded. We recognise that one size doesn't fit all so everyone has access to a variety of flexible benefits that work for you.
- 24 days holiday plus statutory holidays (option to buy more)
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A selection of lifestyle benefit options
- Financial wellbeing programme
- Employee assistance program for health and wellbeing and onsite mental health first aiders to support our colleagues
- We love to give back so we offer you volunteering days in your community and charity matched giving where we will boost your fundraising
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.