Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation's 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Join a fun team of Social Workers committed to positive outcomes for patients and families.
- Work with an innovative team within a caring Christian culture.
- Collaborate with a vast team of healthcare professionals.
- Be a vital resource to patients, and families.
- Work with community resources/programs, as well as Medicaid/Medicare in the hospital system.
- Work with a variety of patient concerns.
Responsible to plan, organize and implement social work services for palliative care patients and families assuring that the medically related clinical, emotional, social and spiritual needs are met/maintained on an individual basis. Facilitates quality care/education for patients and their families; coordination, implementation and evaluation of clinical activities, patient, professional and public education, performance improvement and assists with administrative functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's degree from an accredited Social Work program required.
- Two to five years social work experience and/or training required.
- Licensed as a Social Worker in the State of South Dakota required.
- National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Care preferred
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
What Makes Avera Special?